Red Dog Linings International is committed to delivering optimum service and satisfaction to its clients, using best practice and technical expertise in accordance with expectations and requirements.
The products are manufactured, refurbished, assembled, serviced and distributed in accordance with the requirements of Quality Management System BS EN ISO 9001:2008 as a minimum, with additional controls to satisfy other recognised codes when required. We shall plan resources, including human resources, to meet our needs and our Quality Objectives and are committed to continuously improving our products and performance to the customer.
Provide Customer Satisfaction
Build and maintain long-term partnerships with our customers. Provide reliable and innovative solutions.
Deliver conforming products on time
Ensure customer’s product requirements and service needs are always met.
Promote a company culture that thrives on improving products, processes and the effectiveness of the Quality Management System.
The Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) imposes statutory duties on employees, and to enable these statutory duties to be carried out, it is the policy of the Company, so far as is reasonably practicable, to ensure that responsibilities for safety and health are properly assigned, accepted and fulfilled at all levels within the Company’s organisation and that all practicable steps are taken to safeguard the health, safety and welfare of all visitors to the premises under its control.
This statement provides the general policy of Red Dog Linings Limited of Shawfield Road, Carlton Industrial Estate, Carlton, BarnsleySouth Yorkshire, S71 3HS.
1) It is the intention of this Company, so far as is reasonably practicable to ensure that:
- The provision and maintenance of plant and systems of work are safe and without risks to health.
- Arrangements for the use, handling, storage, and transport of articles and substances for use at work are safe and without risks to health.
- Such arrangements are supported by appropriate information regarding the safe use of the article or substance to ensure that the activity being performed is safe and without risks to health.
- There is adequate provision of such information, instruction, training, and supervision as is necessary to ensure the health and safety at work of all employees.
- With regard to any place of work under the Company’s control, it will be maintained in a condition that is safe and without risks to health, and the provision and maintenance of means of access to the egress from it are safe and without such risks.
- The working conditions of all Company employees are safe and without risks to health and adequate provisions are made with regard to the facilities and arrangements for their welfare at work.
- The Company will ensure that there are sufficient personnel suitable qualified in First Aid to deal with minor injuries.
- As and when necessary, the Company will undertake to revise the Health and Safety Policy and to communicate the information to all employees.
2) It shall be the duty of every employee at work to ensure that:
- Reasonable steps for health and safety to themselves and of persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
- The place of work is in a tidy and safe condition and to make certain all safety equipment provided is used.
- Any Company equipment being used has been suitably maintained and protected so as to affect a safe working condition.
A quarterly meeting of the Health and Safety Committee will take place to review any health and safety issues. This committee Will consist of a representative for each department together with management representatives and the Health and Safety Officer. Additional meetings will be called as and when necessary. The current list of all health and safety personnel is shown separately.
Red Dog Linings Ltd’s Environmental Policy is to ensure within practical constraints that the Company’s operations conform to National Guidelines and Legislation, that improvements will be made on an ongoing basis where practical and that its employees are made aware of their responsibilities as part of the Policy by instructions issued by the Company.
- Metal Wastes – such as machined swarf, plate off cuts, welding wire and rods, cans and containers (paints and aerosol) etc shall be disposed of by skip through waste management and carrier licensee.
- Oil and Greases – shall be collected in containers and disposed of through a licensed agency.
- Domestic waste — We shall continue to investigate recycling opportunities and minimise general domestic waste through segregation in such away as to promote recycling of our waste.
- Plant and Equipment – shall be maintained to ensure efficient usage of oil and cutting fluids.
- Electricity – Lighting and other equipment, when not required, will be turned off.
- Water – no taps will be left running and all leaks etc will be rectified promptly.
- Heating/Stress Relieving – will be by either electric heating or by natural gas, using modern, efficient burners, thermostatically and time controlled.
- Fume Extraction – All filtered extraction systems will be adequately maintained to ensure the air discharged to atmosphere contains minimal contaminants. Dust collected from extraction shall be disposed of in a controlled manner.
- Harmful products – products containing CFC’s, asbestos or any other ingredient considered to be harmful to the environment will not be purchased unless stipulated by the customer and/or when no suitable alternative is available. Any items having been purchased will be segregated and disposed of in a controlled manner.
- Work Areas and Walkways – will be maintained in a clean, tidy and safe condition and it is the responsibility of the employees to assist the management to ensure that this is done.
- Washrooms/Canteen Areas – will be maintained in a clean, tidy and healthy condition. It is the responsibility of the employees to assist management in this aim by ensuring all areas are cleaned after use and all food waste and paper waste is deposited in the bins provided.
- Site Operators – operators employed at customer’s sites must ensure they follow the customer site policy on environmental control.
The implementation of the Company’s Environmental Policy is the responsibility of the directors, managers and employees and every encouragement will be given by sub contractors, agents and suppliers to comply with these aims.